I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am today! After spending half of my day at an orchard, picking up plums, strawberries and blueberries, then when we got home actually making something out of the enormous bags we filled with fruit, and then woodburning more boxes( as a matter of fact I finished them all and started the wooden plates, much more difficult, I don't think I'm going to make more than 2) ...I can barely keep my eyes open. The last couple of days I have been preparing a surprise for my husband's birthday ( another thing I am going to post and write about in a couple of days) that I think is going to be very helpful for people who have hard time figuring out what to give their relatives on a diet for their birthdays! :-) Ok, let's talk about boxes now! Today I am going to show you:
1. Butterfly No. 1, this one is a regular size jewelry box ( pretty large) and it took a lot of time. I don't know if you can actually tell from the pictures, but this is pretty big butterfly and it's made out of small dots, so you can tell that it's similar to embroidery.
2. Small triangular box with snowman
3. Cute little puppy box, it can be given for St. Valentine's day as well.
4. Small Jewish Dreidel box, it can hold 2-4 dreidels.
5. The star of David ( Jewish star with olive branch), small box.
6. Regular size ( large) jewelry box with leaves
7. Another dinosaur ( T-Rex) small box
8. Last but not least, Butterfly No.2 . This is a large box, bigger than the Butterfly No.1! You can imagine the amount of time it took me to actually make this huge butterfly!
* Although I am not Jewish I made the boxes with Jewish design as a courtesy to the people organizing the festival, which is going to be on one of the local synagogue's premises. I hope they like them! I have more boxes coming up that are even better! Tighten your seat belts! If I only knew I can make boxes like that, I'm telling you, I would have started much sooner!
Check out part 1, part 2 , part 3 , part 5 and part 6.